1. Policy Terms
Age of Consent. The Website and any associated Services are intended solely for users who are over the relevant minimum age limits (e.g. minimum age of 19 years in some jurisdictions) set out in the jurisdiction that the users are accessing the Website or Services. Users must truthfully and correctly identify their age and birthday when prompted or requested to do so by Us. If You are under the applicable minimum age limit (e.g. minimum age of 19 years in some jurisdictions) set out in the jurisdiction that You are accessing the Website or Services, You must immediately cease use of this Website and any Services.
2. Consent to Information Collection and Use
Automatic Collection of Information. By continuing to access this Website, You hereby consent to the automatic collection of some information, such as Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, Your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and Your user preferences. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying personal information mentioned above.
Circumstantial Information Collection. Without limiting the foregoing, You hereby consent to Our collection, use, or disclose Your personal information in specific circumstances. Sometimes Your consent will be implied through Your conduct with Us if the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and You voluntarily provide the information. We do not knowingly collect the personal information from anyone under the major age of consent in the jurisdiction of residence of the individual. We may store and process personal information in Canada and other countries. We may use Your personal or account information for the following purposes:
- to administer and fulfill contests, loyalty programs, and other promotions and programs in which You participate;
- to help Us address problems with and improve the Website, and/or Our products and services; to request feedback and otherwise contact you about Your use of the Website and/or Our products and services;
- to notify You about important changes to Our Website and/or Our products and services, for Our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new products, to enhance Our websites, to improve Our products and services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns;
- to protect the security or integrity of Our websites, Our products and services and Our business; to prevent, detect and investigate activity and transactions that are suspicious, fraudulent, or violate Our Website Terms and Conditions;
- to contact You if necessary regarding Your transactions with Us, changes to Our terms, conditions, and policies and/or for other administrative purposes;
- to respond to Your requests for support or customer service, and in an emergency situation to protect Your personal safety or that of site visitors or any third party;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Cannmetrics’ assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation involving the transfer of all or part of the business assets of Cannametrics;
- with Your consent when required, to communicate with You and to send You information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about Our products, services, contests, and promotions; or as required or authorized by law.
Member Contributions. Some Users may, by virtue of their own actions, publish or display information on public areas of the Website, or otherwise transmit or make available information to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "Member Contributions"). You publish, display, transmit, or otherwise make available Your Member Contributions at Your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom You may choose to make available Your Member Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that Your Member Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
User Data. By continuing to access the Website, You hereby consent to the collection and use of qualitative and quantitative data derived from Your use of the Website or Services, for Our internal analysis and purposes including but not limited to industry analysis, analytics, and other business purposes.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We may also disclose Your personal, business or other information, whether provided voluntarily or collected automatically, (i) as required by law, (ii) in response to a request by a government agency or authority, or (iii) to any other third party with Your prior written consent to do so.
Publishing Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that once You have chosen to publish a product on the Website, this is no longer considered personal information and Cannametrics may publish information You have provided regarding that product in such a way that is available to the retailer accounts registered with Cannametrics. Cannametrics may also use this product data, identified by product name and producer for other features or commercialized products.
We are not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties You may choose to engage with directly, nor are We responsible for any additional information that You provide directly to any third parties, and We encourage You to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties.
4. Withdrawing Consent and Modifying Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information We retain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which We will use it. If Our records regarding Your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, We will amend that information at Your request.
You may notify Us at any time that You wish to withdraw or change Your consent to Our use and disclosure or Your personal, business or other information. We will accommodate Your request subject to any legal, contractual, operational, or business restraints or restrictions.
5. Aggregated Data
Use of Aggregated Data. You acknowledge and accept that We may also use Your personal information and Website usage statistics to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. Aggregated personal and product data may be used for other commercially available features or products. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers or users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
7. Cookies and Log Files
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If You prefer, You can usually choose to set Your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If You choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or functionality of Our Website.
8. Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of Our assets, Your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Our Security Obligation. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to Your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge and agree to release Cannametrics and any of directors, officers, employees, or affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the unauthorized use or disclosure of data as set out in this policy.
10. Contact Us